THRIVE - Teachers’ Professional Development, was a project conducted from 2015 to 2017 aimed at strengthening the professional development of teachers of students up to 7 years of age, in order to effectively promote positive classroom behaviors, as well as future school attendance and performance.
- Educate teachers about teaching processes and methods
- Provide education personnel with valuable non-formal education methods to work with children in promoting a positive school climate
- Arm teachers with basic soft skills in order to prepare children to enter and succeed in the classroom.
- Improve teachers’ quality in monitoring and detecting risk factors of school attendance
- Assist children’s self-development and enhance motivation of learning
The target groups of this project are preschool teachers and teachers of the first two levels of elementary school. The final product will be an online course that will provide knowledge and techniques regarding early childhood education and learning through play, aiming to promote student motivation for learning.
The partners of this project are six organisations from different European countries with long experience in non-formal education methodology and youth work; developing IT tools and organizing and monitoring European projects:
You can consult the project website and all its results, activities and documents: