This project was initiated in 2014 with funding from the Department of Social Affairs of the City of Leganes and is expected to last two years.
The SAEX project aims to promote and enhance the socio- occupational and civic integration of foreign residents in the city of Leganes (South of Madrid crown) , through actions of comprehensive care, counseling and legal advice ( individual and group ) in migration matters, training and information about rights and obligations enshrined in the Spanish Constitution and laws, to prevent the administrative irregularity, and to favor the integration of legal immigrants in the municipality of Leganés.
It can be highlighted the following objectives of the project SAEX:
1) Provide an adequate, accesible and effective service of information, guidance and legal advice on immigration matters.
2) Advice on immigration procedures designed for the foreign population in order to obtain legal residency as the main tool in the process of social integration.
3) Personalized attention and monitoring procedures of immigration records
4)Provide information and guidance to immigrants in other areas of law related to immigration procedures (labor, social security and criminal).
5) Provide professional mentoring monitoring in cases of especial vulnerability
6) Disseminate knowledge in the exercise of rights and obligations.
7) Promote knowledge by employers and businesses of procedures that affect them on foreigners.
8) Providing a specialized service on foreigners to municipal officers, particularly social services involved with foreigners.
9) Networking and coordination with professionals from the municipal social services and other public resources.
10) Collaboration with different devices and public and private resources involved with immigrants, with social partners and immigrant associations.
11) Promote knowledge of municipal and regional resources and devices.
12) Refer the most suitable free resource.
While the direct target populations are foreign immigrants, the direct and indirect recipients that can be identified are:
· Foreign Population
· Native Population
· Professionals and technicians of municipal social services.
· Inmigrants Associations
· Organizations that support Migrant Population
The SAEX project provides various tools and undertakes activities to achieve its objectives. You can highlight the following instruments:
1) Group workshops information on foreigners
2) Individual attention on foreigners and reception
3) Mentoringparticularlyvulnerable cases
4) Collaboration with Social Agents and Migrant Associations
For more information about the SAEX project, you can consult the corresponding area of immigration SSF through your email inmigración@ssf.org.es